No, Jake's not crawling or walking...but he is all over the place as much as is possible without officially being a crawler or walker! He has worn me out this week! I have found that leaving him in the living room just to switch over a quick load of laundry has turned into a new game called, "where will i find Jake when i get back?" Seriously! I can leave him sitting in one part of the living room and 30 seconds later he's 6 feet from where he started and on his stomach...especially if my cell phone is anywhere near by! He still only lunges forward on his knees, but he clears about 3 feet when he does it. He is also getting very brave with his cruising, letting go of objects and turning to grab my shoulder and try to 'walk' to me, which means I have to quickly grab his waist and help him balance. My absolute favorite new thing that he is doing is crawling into our laps! He will be sitting and playing with a toy, then turn himself around and lunge to place his hands on my legs and then crabwalk the rest of the way into my lap. It is the best feeling in the world to know that he wants a quick cuddle in the middle of his playing :)
Here he is concentrating really hard on cruising to his toy basket

Can you tell he is pretty proud of himself?

He has become a pro at scooting backwards and rocking when he can get himself up on his knees

But he stills prefer his crouching stance

or standing up and playing on the chair without its cushion

This week one of my cheerleaders, Kristie, also came out to see Jake and I. She was the first of my girls to meet Jake, but hadn't gotten to see him since he was just a month old. I miss my girls, but am so thankful I have kept in touch with all of them and that they take time out of their busy teenage lives to keep up with Jake and I.

Oh, and Jake has started waving! I am going to try to catch it on video as soon as I can. He starts off a little slow, just putting his arm up in the air and then he slowly starts waving his fingers. His favorite person to wave at....is Daisy :)
No comments:
Post a Comment