Stephen and I each read, "Potty Training in Less than a Day." This was the book Stephen's mom used and swore by. We pretty much followed the model set in the book and kind of tweaked it a little. Stephen had basketball practice over the Christmas break so I knew it would be mostly my job to get our mission accompolished. One morning I felt extra brave and decided it was time! Overall, Jake did really well. We had a handful of accidents in the first hour, but he had the process down really quickly. Over the next few days, he did great. By the end of the week, I was brave enough to let him wear 'big boy underwear' to Daddy's basketball game and he made it accident free! Yay! That was 3 months ago and he's been great ever since. It was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. Now, he still will not do his 'big business' in the potty. He knows what he is supposed to do, he just won't do it! Urgh, so frustrating. Here are some pics I took of the big potty training day and fun video when we took a lunch break.


Monday, March 26, 2012
Potty Training!
Well, I am attempting to get my blog going again after a year off! I had hoped to start with Christmas, but it was just too much and too overwhelming as I get myself back into the 'blog-mode!' So, I will begin with our first big event of 2012, potty training! After most of the business of the holidays had passed, we decided to attempt potty training with Jake before we went back to school. I was fairly certain he was ready. He had been sitting on the potty for months before bathtime each night and occassionaly he would actually go. I knew he was seeing it a lot at school, since about half his class was potty trained. So with fingers crossed, we gave it a try!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment