Monday, May 26, 2014

Cody's First Trip to the Zoo

We didn't have any big plans for Memorial Day Weekend.  Stephen was on vacation for Dawns' wedding and my Mom had flown into town to help me while he was gone.  My best roommate, Christy, texted on Friday inviting us to go to the zoo with them on Sunday morning.  I was a little anxious about taking Cody, but I really didn't want to stay home all weekend.  I decided to be brave and off we went for Cody's first trip to the zoo!
 
Here we go!  We are members at the zoo, but it's been a while since I took Jake since I was so sick while preggo's with Cody :)
 It was nice to have my personal photographer, aka Mom, with us.  This tunnel is Jake's favorite part of the zoo.  He loves to 'race' through it.
We always measure up by the penguins..it's official, he is finally as tall as the Emperor Penguin.


 Poor Code-man...the day was really just about being outside for him.  He wasn't too interested in the animals, but I know it will be fun in the fall when he is more aware of everything.




 Next up, the elephants!
 

 




 

 
 I was very proud of Cody, he did SO well the entire day.  He only got a tiny fussy once, when he wanted out of his seat, but otherwise he was a happy boy the whole morning.  I did have to carry him for a while, but I don't mind snuggling with my sweet guy.
Giraffes!




There's Roommate and baby Lila




 Cheetah!


 And of course we cannot move on from the Savanna area until we have driven the jeep.


 Me and my boys
 Uncle Daniel to the big kids to see the lions and Roommate and I took a break to feed the littles.  We all met back up for a pit stop to get some snacks and take potty/diaper breaks.  It wasn't very hot, but it was VERY humid!
 Next up was the monkeys, but I didn't get any pictures because Cody was asleep on me.  Mom and Daniel took the bigs to the Australia area, while Roommate and I let the littles rest in the shade.
 
Koala Bears

 Jake was SO excited to see a Walleroo!

 Next stop the Children's Zoo and play area.  Cody was still asleep so I parked the stroller in a shady spot and ate a quick picnic lunch while Mom followed Jake around.  He thought this area was perfect training for him to be a 'ninja warrior'  (He is slightly obsessed with the show 'American Ninja Warrior.')
















 
We all grazed on our lunches and Cody got a bottle and a fresh diaper.  It was getting crowded and hot, so we decided it was time to head out.
 
Of course, no trip to the zoo would be complete without a ride on the Carousel before leaving.  I thought about taking Cody on it, but why press my luck :)  Jake and Grammy hopped on for a ride.

 
Cody and Mommy selfie
 
Not really sure what is up with the face Jake is making here, goofball!
Grammy and her boys, so glad she came to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment