A few Saturdays ago, I took the boys to the Heard Museum and Wildlife Center. I have heard about it for several years now and just happened to have a coupon for a free admission, but the main reason we went was because they have a special event going called "Dinosaurs Alive." To say that Jake is OBSESSED with dinosaurs right now is an understatement! He can tell you SO many dinosaurs, what time period they were in, what they eat, everything! He is pretty much an expert! I knew he would love it and it would be a great way to spend an afternoon while Stephen was working. I told Jake that morning that I had a surprise for him and that we were going somewhere later. He was so excited and kept asking for clues all day. When we got in the car, I told him the name of the place, but not that there would be dinosaurs. When we walked inside the museum to get tickets, he saw dinosaur things in the gift shop and went nuts! It was SO Much fun surprising him and we had a great time!
My dino boy and his map of all the dinosaurs we would get to see.
Okay, so the cool thing about this exhibit is that the dinosaurs move and 'roar.' I didn't know quite what that would be like and if it would scare Cody, but I should have known he would be fine. That kid is happy all the time!
I didn't tell Jake that they would move/make noise. You could hear them as we approached and he pretended to be scared, hence, this face. He wasn't though, he thought it was so cool.
Dinosaur photo bomb!
The place was so pretty and it was a gorgeous day outside.
Happy boy!
He had to wave hello to every dino
The grand finale was the T-Rex of course!
What is this pose? :)
So pretty!
They also have a small animal 'zoo' on the property. Some of the animals had been moved indoors to be warm.
They have a butterfly habitat that you can walk through. There were some flying around this area, but this was closed for the fall/winter.
Jake loved running up and down these steps.
Love my boys!
My phone was in the process of breaking, so by this point my battery was dead=no pictures! We also explored the museum too, which was awesome and perfect for Jake. There were dinosaur fossils, a seashell room, gemstones, turtles,snakes and spiders (ugh!) a honeybee hive, all the things that he is all about right now! We stayed for about 2 hours, which was the perfect amount of time for Cody. We will definitely be going back again! Such fun times!





































No comments:
Post a Comment