Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Week 7

Here is the "Jake update" from week 7, I'm a week behind again :-) I am still working on managing taking care of Jake and balancing everything else now that it's just me and the little guy at home during most of the day. So as I am writing this, he is exactly 8 weeks old today! And our milestone for the day is that Jake took his first nap in his crib upstairs! We decided we are going to slowly begin the process of moving him upstairs to his room. Some mom friends have giving me the tip of napping in his crib first to help him get used to the room. We have tried it twice before, but it didn't work...today it did! His nap was much shorter than usual, but he lasted 40 minutes, which counts as a success to me! I tried to take a picture, but the room was too dark and I sure wasn't going to turn on the light just to get a picture :-) He is super close to sleeping through the night, once he has that down we'll be moving on up to the nursery.

Here are the latest Jake adventures:
Jake had discovered the TV, he especially like gymnastics and baseball. Daddy set him up here last Saturday morning...Jake looks super comfty! But no, we don't park him in front of the TV all day :-)
Jake got to see Auntie Seana this week too

Daddy playing with Jake and his bouncy seat friends


Jake still LOVES his bouncy seat toys! His face lights up into a HUGE smile whenever I attach them. He especially likes the music that it plays. One time he gave an almost laugh as he played!


This week Jake also got to meet two of mommy's cheer girls. I was so excited for the girls to meet him! These girls were on my JV squad 2 yrs ago (back on varsity this year!) They were in my classroom almost every day to pat my stomach and ask about the baby. Sweet girls!! They even brought Jake a baseball blanket made by Kristie and her mom.
Kristie and Jake
Stevi and Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment