Here are the highlights of the past month:
*Jake now has 3 teeth, our two bottom teeth and one top, with the other top tooth ready to pop through any day now. I miss his big gummy smile, he looks so grown up now!
*He loves to stand up. He prefers to play at his activity table and sing-n-stage this way, which means mommy and daddy get to hold him up while he plays.
*I think we have broken up with our first love, jumparoo! He will still play in it, but sometimes when we put him in it he starts fussing right away. When he does play in it, it's is only for 5-10 minutes, not the 30 minutes he would do before, and his jumps are super big now. He loves to play with the toys on the jumparoo if you help him stand next to it!
*He is starting to communicate using signs. We started working on them just before 6 months, so far he will sign "all done" back to us when he is full at a meal. And as seen in our other blog, "touchdown!" We have also been working on "eat" and "hi/bye," but he hasn't used those signs yet. It is neat though to see that he is starting to be able to communicate with us.
*Jake is starting to make lots of consanent sounds as well "mama" "dada" "baba" "yaya" "hi" "yeeee" "gaga" when he gets in the movie to chat, it's quite entertaining. If I ask him where dada is, he will turn and find Stephen :)
*He loves to dance and be sung to. He dances by bouncing up and down, it's really cute. I've tried, but haven't gotten it on video yet. When I sing to him, he sometimes "sings" along as well, I love it! We are starting a Tiny Tots music class at a local church with our playdate friends in a few weeks and I'm really excited because I think Jake will like it a lot.
*He has become a little cuddle bug again, he does a "pick me up" move with his arms and just wants to be nestled in the crook of our necks. I don't mind it at all :)
*We have moved on to 2nd stage baby foods and he still likes everything! His favorite veggie is still squash. His favorite fruits are blueberry/blackerry and bananas. We have also introduced veggie puffs to him this past month. At first he wasn't too sure about the texture, but now it just takes him a second and he starts to "chew." He is able to pick them up off his high chair tray and puts them in his mouth himself...so he has to like them at least a little bit :)
*He has started moving all over in his sleep! It's become fun at night to look at the monitor and see what new position he has worked himself into. He'll be sideways all the way at one end of the crib, then turned 180 degrees and back again. He still likes to sleep on his back or side, not a tummy sleeper yet. Overall he is sleeping much better and has a great 2 nap schedule going.
*We are still in the pre-crawling stage: he is working hard on getting up on all fours, as well as "army crawling." He has the leg part down, he just needs to figure out the arms and he will be off...so maybe next month he'll be a crawler. I have a feeling that once he starts crawling, pulling up and walking won't be too far behind, but I could be wrong. I can't believe that those milestones are already things we are talking about!
Jake, Mommy and Daddy love you so much! We have such much fun playing with you every day and seeing that smile light up your face! Happy 7 months old baby boy!!



No comments:
Post a Comment