Saturday, July 24, 2010

13 Months Old

I can't believe it's time for another monthly post! This month has been a busy one for our little guy! Not only did Jake turn 1, but shortly thereafter, he began walking and two days ago learned to get into the standing position on his own. He is a true walker now so I guess that means this is my first blog entry as the mother of a toddler :)

Here is Jake standing on his own...it's not the best example of it, but it's the only one I got on video today :)

Since our little guy is EVERYWHERE now, I realized as a looked through pictures for this blog that I just don't have a lot of Jake this month! We really do spend most of our time chasing him down and keeping him out of trouble.

Here is a rundown in the life of Jake as a 13 month old:

Favorite things to play: building and peekaboo. He loves to 'hide' behind his house, then open the door and say 'boo!' He also loves for Stephen or I to sit in the hallway upstairs while he walks into the different bedrooms and then sticks his head out to say "boo!" And of course, playing with his balls and cars.

Boo Mommy!
He can build a 'towa' on his own now
New Words: build, tower, hug, bite, door (which comes out 'doh' like homer simpson), car (but he doesn't say the 'r' so he sounds like he's from boston)...and his beloved 'co-co,'which is Jake's world for milk. He also does the sign for milk when he says 'co-co.' We are working very hard on 'thank you.'

Favorite foods: CO-CO! Holy cow this child loves milk! We are going through a gallon every 3-4 days! Carrots, toast with applebutter, corn, and bananas. We are working on teaching Jake to take bites out of food, but it's a work in progress.
We thought Jake would love corn on the cob, since he's such a corn fan...but not so much!
Jake has also learned to climb this month and has no fear about what he climbs onto! He also loves to crawl up the stairs so we get to do that about two dozen times a day :)

He loves to look out the windows upstairs and watch the cars go by...and he calls out each one 'cah, cah'

Jake in trouble: I know Jake's grandparents will find this hard to believe, but Jake is not always a little angel! You all will recall the blog about the 'great wall' we had to put up to keep Jake out of the kitchen...well, our child has now learned how to bend/pull the gates and simply moves the 'wall' so that he can crawl/walk into the kitchen. This is where he gets himself into trouble. Daisy's water bowl and dog door seem to have a hypnotic pull on poor Jake and he just can't stay away from them. He has also started throwing toys out the dog door or putting them in the waterbowl. Thus, Jake has gotten his first swats on his hand and bottom this past month. They have so far proven ineffective and honestly, Jake laughed when Stephen swatted him on the bottom for the first time. We are trying to teach him these are Daisy's things, but he just doesn't seem to care at the moment! He has also 'remodeled' our laptop for us by pulling the space bar off, not once, but twice...so now we have to push down extra hard on it for it to work!

I can already tell life as the mother of a toddler will be anything but dull...but I wouldn't trade it for anything! I love you so much Jake!

No comments:

Post a Comment