We left our house Wednesday morning and arrived just in time for dinner that night. Jake took a little bit to adjust to being in a new place with lots of new people. He was also going through a huge seperation-anxiety phase at the time, so he wasn't really 100% himself the whole week, but we still had a great time.
My great-aunt, Gene, and I on Thanksgiving
My cousin, T.J, who is growing up way to quickly, but at least for this year I can say that I am still taller than him...barely!
Jake playing catch with TJ, whom he loved right away...he learned his name within minutes of us arriving.
All bundled up and happy again.
I don't know who liked the swing more, Jake...
...or Stephen. 
Jake also thought the leaves were very cool.


We spent the rest of the day playing around the house. Jake was starting to act more like 'himself' the longer we were there.

my favorite...I just love those little footprints
TJ making a 'discovery'
so pretty!
walking with daddy
Auntie trying to show Jake how to use a walking stick.
One of the 'fun' things about the lake bottoms, is that some spots are still pretty soft and you can sink down if you aren't careful. Well, Jake was getting farther away from me than I liked, so I was hurrying to catch him....you can guess what happened...I got stuck up to my knees in the mud/sand. I was NOT happy!
Jake and I on Papa's old tractor. When I was a little girl, I spent many hours driving this tractor. It doesn't run very well anymore, so Jake and I just pretended we were driving. 
We spent the rest of the day playing around the house. Jake was starting to act more like 'himself' the longer we were there.
Okay, I need to give some background for the next set of pictures. There are several large lakes near my Aunt's house. They are all there mainly for flood control from a nearby dam. In the winter they shut off the spillway from the dam and the lakes basically dry up for the winter. It's really neat to go down and explore the lake bottoms because it is just sand as far as you can see.
When Jake got up from his nap on Saturday afternoon, we set off for some more fun exploring. It was fun to see Jake's reaction to seeing sand for the first time.



No comments:
Post a Comment