Saturday, April 7, 2012

Flashlight Egg Hunt

Tonight we went up to a church for an extra fun night, a flashlight easter egg hunt! We had our big churchwide lunch and egg hunt last Sunday, but our church also does 2 flashlight egg hunts...one for the grade school age kids, and one for the pre-school age. It's called a flashlight hunt because they do it right at dark and the kids use their flashlights to find the eggs. Jake was SO excited to get up to church and hunt more eggs!


Before the hunt, all the kids gathered in the sanctuary so that Ms. Ami could read a story about the real meaning of Easter. Jake was not happy! He loves Ms. Ami, but all he kept telling Stephen was "I want to hunt eggs now!" After a few minutes, he got over it and listened to the story.





I love that between school and church, Jake has really picked up on the true meaning of Easter this year. He can tell you that Jesus died on the cross, but he is alive. And also, that Jesus rode a donkey :) Now, I know that he doesn't grasp the true significance of the story, but I love that these little seeds are being planted in his heart!

After the story, the kids lined up at the door...

...and he was off!

We actually had to do a little coaxing to get him to pick up eggs! He ran out picked up about 5 and said, "that's enough." There were TONS of eggs, but he was happy with just a few. He eventually picked up a few here and there. Other kids ran up with big baskets full and put some in his bucket, thinking he hadn't gotten a lot, but nope, he just wanted a few :)



The kids didn't really need their flashlights to see, but he was loving it anyways.





The big field of eggs, that Jake never ventured out into. But what I do LOVE so much about our church is that there was no drama at any of the hunts with parents being greedy getting eggs for their kids. Most of the kids were actually going around sharing eggs with each other. It was so sweet!

Looking around to see if he wanted any more eggs.
He found one he wanted :)
This was as close to a 'smiling picture' as I got. And for the record, he dressed himself. I'm just lucky he kind of sort of matched this time...you should have seen what he wore to the yogurt shop a few nights ago, oh my!



Then it was time to check out what goodies were inside.

Daddy and Jake sharing jellybeans

Ms. Ami came over to see what kind of good stuff Jake got.

Here is a video I took during the egg hunt.



No comments:

Post a Comment