Monday was our last morning in Padre. I was hoping we would get up early and sneak in one more quick trip to the beach. But my boys were PASSED OUT! I finally got Stephen to wake up, opened the curtains and started getting ready/packing...Jake slept through it all!
Jake finally woke up after 8:30, so our last trip to the beach was not going to happen :( We got everything packed up, ate breakfast, and then said good-bye to the beach!
Goofy little thing in the back seat
Stephen trying to make me laugh
We stopped in New Braunfels for lunch at Cooper's BBQ...remember, we like to try new BBQ places on vacation. We saw a billboard for it, I googled it, and it sounded good.
I knew once we saw this, that we had made a good choice :)
My boys were happy, happy, happy!
Any place that serves you on sheets of paper, instead of plates, has to be good!
We got ribs, turkey, brisket, and sausage...also potato salad and jalepeno cornbread...they have a big pot of beans that you help yourself from, they were delicious!
The best part was...they had blackberry cobbler! I was in heaven!
Everything was more than delicious! We definitely found a new favorite place to stop.
We got back in the car and thought Jake would fall fast asleep, wrong! Even though he was super tired, he stayed awake until we were just an hour from home. And, because of Memorial Day traffic, our trip took a lot longer than it normally would. Thankfully, our little guy is a great traveler and he did really well on the whole trip.
We had a wonderful trip and can't wait to go back again next year!














No comments:
Post a Comment