My Mom had frequent flyer miles to use before the end of the year so she came to visit for a long Columbus Day weekend. For whatever reason, I barely took any pictures...pregnant brain! She flew in on Wednesday afternoon and Jake and I picked her up after school. We went straight to the Homecoming parade (see previous football post.) On Thursday, Jake stayed home from school to spend the day with Grammy. Friday, we went to the Pumpkin Patch (see previous post.) On Saturday, we had a few fun things planned. It was the day of the Texas vs OU game, Jake was representing his Hook 'em Horns!
We went shopping that morning for some maternity clothes for me and new pants for Jake. Because, even though I tried on his pants from last year at the end of the summer...he had outgrown them all! He was a trooper while Mom and Grammy shopped so we went somewhere fun for lunch!
Urban Crust! They have the BEST pizza! (Well, Jake wanted Cici's so he was a little disappointed)
Playing with pizza dough while we waited for our food.
Yum!
I didn't take any pics, but one of my best friends/college roommate actually showed up with her family while we were eating. It was great timing! Mom was excited to see her and her sweet girls :)
Mom and Jake at the little park near the restaurant.
That afternoon Grammy and Jake painted our pumpkins from the pumpkin patch .
He added stickers after they dried, but I don't have those pictures on here for some reason!
The rest of the time Mom was here I put her to work helping me go through "the baby closet." I have everything from Jake packed away in totes and it's been 4 years, so I wasn't sure what all I had kept or gotten rid of. It definitely wasn't picture worthy, but the living room was covered in blankets, bottles, toys, onesies, towels, and all sorts of fun baby gear. I was very thankful to have her here to help me go through everything! Jake loved his visit with Grammy!






No comments:
Post a Comment