Halloween was a super busy day for the Tylers. We had parties at school, a JV football game, and of course...trick or treating! I was really bummed that Stephen had a game and would have to miss out on all the fun.
Here is Jake and I at school that morning, Spiderman and Tony Romo. (It was a little hard coming up with something fun to be while being 5 months pregnant!)
Jake and I both had parties in our classes at school. They were at different times, but it still didn't work out where I could go to his party as 'mom.' So, I took a few quick pictures of his class in Jesus Jam that morning.
Jake with Caleb and Daniel...aka Red Power Ranger and Ironman
Almost the whole class
Ms. Rebecca had the kids paint and decorate their pumpkins. Jake came up with his theme all on his own: Wolfpack! He also had foam fooballs and a football field on the back.
Party days are always crazy at school! I was worn out so we came home and I took a quick cat nap while Jake watched a little bit of a movie. Aunt Lori invited us to a pre-trick or treat party at her house. Jake was so excited! I put some warmer clothes on him under his costume and we were on our way. We had hot dogs, chips, and lots of fun Halloween sweets!
Then it was FINALLY dusk and time for TRICK OR TREAT! Jake and I headed out with Grandma, Uncle Kevin, and Spencer (Jake's cousin who is 16 months older.) They had so much fun!
Lori and Kevin have a great neighborhood for Trick or Treating and I was very thankful to have company taking Jake around! He was so excited for the party and to see Spencer that I think he forgot Daddy wasn't there...almost! We went our same route as last year and Kevin asked, "you boys ready to go home?" There answer was of course, "NO, let's keep going!!!" That lasted for about another half a block and then they were both tired! They were cracking us up because they would ring the bell and then sit down and wait for the door to open, crazy boys! Jake's legs got "really tired" and he suckered poor Grandma into carrying him part of the way home....Mama was definitely not up for it. I was worn out too!
He came home with a CRAZY amount of candy! This is his treat bucket, it's hard to tell from the pic, but it's a big bucket. I dumped out what was left of the Easter candy (yes, he still had tons left...we don't do candy that often) and his Halloween candy filled it up over the top! I'm pretty sure it will last us for a REALLY long time!




















No comments:
Post a Comment