Ever since last summer, Jake has been talking about how much he misses soccer. Football season was just too crazy to try to juggle a sport for him, so I kept an eye on spring enrollment. Sure enough, the season went from the end of February until April...perfect timing for Cody coming in March. Stephen is still in soccer season and we talked and talked about how on earth we could make this work for Jake with Stephen's crazy schedule and me taking care of a newborn at home. Thankfully, Grandma saved the day. She volunteered to get Jake to and from practice for us, such a blessing!
Today was Jake's first game of the Spring. This time he is playing on the Blue Warriors and he is #9 (for Tony Romo of course!) After just one practice and game, we are already very excited for this season. I took a lot of pictures today because I know I won't be making it to many games after Cody is here. Jake did such a good job, we were very proud of him!
The Blue Warriors warming up with the Dads.
Team Huddle
For the first game they rotated the kids every 5 minutes. Jake wasn't chosen to start and he was NOT happy about it!
He was in soon enough and went right to work. We still have to work on being a little bit on going after the ball when the other team has it and following through to the goal when he gets a break away.
(fyi, the other team didn't have their jerseys yet since it was the first game of the season)
High 5s from Daddy
Water break
I didn't get a good shot of it, but this is Jake's first goal of the season! It went between the legs of the boys in the goal.
Oh yea!
Strutting back to the sidelines.
Thumbs up from Daddy!
I didn't get a shot of his second goal, but here he is celebrating :)
High 5s at the end of the game
And a BIG high-5 for Daddy!



No comments:
Post a Comment