Sunday, February 16, 2014

Valentine's Day

This year Valentine's Day was on a Friday and since we don't have school on Fridays, our school celebration was on Thursday.  At KDO, we have "Jesus Loves Me" parties and Jake was VERY excited for his party!  I was excited too, usually I have to wear my 'teacher' hat instead of my 'mom' one, but not this year.  My last day of work is this week and I have been training my replacement for a month.  She had the class totally under control and I was able to go to Jake's party. 
 
 
Mrs. Rebecca began the party by reading a book called "Where I Belong."  The message of the book is great...that our hearts belong to Jesus.

 Then it was time for special treats, but first we blessed the food.
 Time to dig in!  Juice pouches, cupcakes, cookies, strawberries, and pretzels.
Jake and his best buddy Caleb.  You will notice the class made very cute "Jesus Loves Me" headbands to wear to the party, with cute hearts on the antennas.  Well, the boys decided they were aliens and took the hearts out...typical boys!
 My love bug!



Mrs. Rebecca asked the class "What is Love?" and these were there answers.
 We had to hit up the photo booth.  Hellooooo baby bump (fyi, Cody is a huge baby!)


 He had to have a picture with his Pete the Cat box too.
Then it was time to put his treat bags in all his friends boxes.  I didn't get a good picture, but he chose bags of Pirate Booty with Ninja Turtle valentines.  He even addressed and signed them all himself!

Mrs. Rebecca had been hard at work with the kids all week.  They did some adorable Valentine crafts!


 And another picture with Pete.
Okay, this is not at all related to Valentines, but I had to take a picture of him on the playground.  I swear he gets taller every day and has lost all of his pre-school chub.  He is tall and lanky!  I bought him new jeans in the fall and they were so long that I thought for sure they would last us through the winter.  Of course, they are almost too short for him now...I am not buying any more new pants though, poor kid!
 
Jake woke up early Valentine's Day because he was so excited to give his surprises to Mommy and Daddy (we had both been working on gifts for the other with him.)
He had drawn me flowers on his magna doodle, sweet boy!

Daddy picked out a big Spiderman for Jake, which he LOVES.  Spidey has not left his side all weekend!
 
 I made Stephen a goody bag of some of his favorite snack foods, thanks pinterest!
 Extra hot salsa to go with his chips (I only eat the mild, so he never gets the salsa he likes)
 Jake picked these out, he knows Skittles are his Daddy's favorites. 
 Stephen got me some gorgeous flowers, candy, and a gift card to Starbucks.  I also got him a giftcard to Buffalo Wild Wings.  We speak each others love language :)
 
I had also made the boys berry muffins for breakfast.  Jake got to have strawberry milk with his :)
We didn't go out for a date, Stephen had a soccer game that night.  How else would a coaching family spend Valentines Day?  

No comments:

Post a Comment