And once again I am behind posting on Cody's monthly update. We have been on vacation and our AC has gone out not once, but twice in the past month...I am SO behind on the blog, but on to this cutie patootie.
Cody Glenn you are 4 months old and time is flying!
Here are the pictures from Cody's 4 month 'photo shoot' which was at Papaw's house because we were camped out there for a few days during AC break down #1.
You are a big ol' chunky monkey and we love you so much! You had your 4 month well visit just this past week and holy cow you are 20 lbs 11 oz (off the growth chart!) and 27 inches long (95%) Jake was the same length at this age, but you have 2 whole pounds on him brother! You are still the sweetest baby in the world and just as laid back as can be. The only time of day you are really fussy is just before naps. You HATE naptime, no matter how tired you are. I think you know you are missing out and don't want to leave your brother. You fuss before each bedtime and you want nothing to do with being rocked. Mommy has to do the bounce-walk around your room until you pass out and then we cuddle for a few minutes in the rocking chair to make sure you are settled. Your little fussy spells are too cute because you 'talk' more than cry. I'm sure you are letting me know just what you think about naps. Hopefully you come to appreciate them more as you get older. You take 3 a day most days now.
Bath time is one of your favorite times of the day. You love to get in there to kick and splash.
I could easily sum up your month in one sentence, "I have hands!" You have discovered your hands and are grasping, pulling, sucking, swinging, swatting, up a storm. You can bring both hands together, pick up toys, and are very close to passing a toy between hands.
Mr. Ball is one of your favorite toys this month.
Jake is becoming such a good brother. He even shared his favorite toy, his Ninja Turtles, with Cody one day. Cody loves anything and everything that Jake is playing with!
Just like your big brother, you love to be outside and love going for walks. It's still challenging to find time before it gets too hot for a walk where both boys are awake, full, and happy :)
You started sitting in your high chair during dinner time. You are VERY interested in food and what everyone is eating. It's still a little early for cereal though, sorry buddy!
One morning, Jake actually asked to hold Cody. He loves his brother, but from day one, holding him wasn't a big deal for Jake. Love this picture.
My goofy boys
Mommy-Baby selfie...excuse the no make up look, I was in the middle 4 days as a single mama while Stephen was at coaching school.
Here you are showing off your new skills
Officially, the rest of these pics are just after you turned 4 months old (just sayin')
This month was also the first time that I left you overnight when Stephen and I went to our Coaches Outreach weekend. I prayed all week for God to give me peace while I was gone and He was so faithful in that. Now, I did have a nice cry-fest as we drove away, but after that I was okay. Grandma took very good care of you while we were gone. Here we are shortly after I got home.
We decided to go ahead and give rice cereal a try. You 'officially' meet all the requirements to try solids, but now they recommend to wait until you are 6 months old. Well, big guy, you are well past the size of most 6 month olds and prior to our trip you were waking up twice a night to eat. We decide to be rebels and see what you thought about cereal.
You LOVED it and kept making a 'mmmm' noise while you ate :) I have pics and video on the camera still to upload. We tried cereal at dinner time for a few nights, but you still have a little of the tongue reflex that wants to push it out of your mouth. Half the time you swallow it, half the time it comes back out. We will try again in a few weeks.
Some more fun pics from this month
Some other posts I need to catch up on:
You took your first road trip this month and did SO well.
These were my favorite pictures of you from this past month
Mr Cody Glenn, you are growing too fast for Mommy. Your eyes just shine and sparkle as you watch the world around you. You are a mama's boy still, but your big brother is most definitely your favorite member of the family. Your eyes go to him whenever he enters the room and you smile anytime you see him. You are just a happy, happy boy.
4 month facts:
-You are still in size 3 diapers and 9 month clothes, but I think you are about to outgrow those
-Your favorite toys are your blue ball, soccer rattle, blue puppy lovey, the star mobile on your playmat, mirror, and the jumparoo.
-You still haven't rolled! You are beginning to scoot and turn yourself on your blanket, and can push up with your elbows fully extended. You are just a big guy and it's going to take a lot of umph! to get you rolling :) Dr. Sadler said we shouldn't be worried at all about it.
-You are talking/jabbering away with all sorts of sounds. I am starting to hear g's and d's for sure.
-Your head control has gotten so strong this past month. You keep your head level when pulled up to sitting and can turn to track toys/people in all directions.
-You are grasping toys, rings, rattles, lovies, and Mommy's hair just to name a few things












































No comments:
Post a Comment