Happy 7 months Cody Glenn!
I went back a few days ago and was reading over Jake's blogposts from this age. Poor Cody, Jake's posts were so detailed and long with tons and tons of pictures and video. I thought I was doing a decent job of keeping up with Cody, but in true second child fashion, he just isn't getting the same attention. In my defense, it is football season and Stephen is a varsity coach now as opposed to the 7th grade coach he was when Jake was a baby, he is gone so much more...and having Jake in kindergarten, with homework and extra-curricular activities...there just isn't much time for blogging.
Back to Cody-man, so much has happened this past month, I just don't have tons of pictures to go with it.
We said good-bye to the carrier carseat. The weight limit was 22 lbs and Mr. Chunky Monkey is well passed 23, so we got the convertible carseat out and installed. This one fits him so much better and I can tell Cody is a lot more comfortable in it.
He is riding in grocery carts! This was the big milestone I was waiting for to get rid of the carrier carseat. He loves going grocery shopping and smiling at all the people we see. He is such a friendly little guy.
Cody has a fun little trick he does when he is taking a bottle, he sneaks his thumb/finger in with it...every time!
Cody LOVES having fresh fruit in the little mesh feeders. So far I have given him apples, peaches, bananas, and strawberry. He did NOT care for the strawberry, but he loved everything else. He is on stage 2 baby food and there really hasn't been anything that he doesn't like...shocking, I know. His favorite veggies are still carrots and green beans. He had apple-blueberry mix yesterday for the first time and went nuts, so maybe that's a new favorite. I have also given him teeny bites of real green beans and he really likes those. I tried puffs last week and he wasn't too sure about them, but this week he loves them. I started by breaking them into thirds, but now he can do a whole puff just fine. I started with the sweet potato flavor and added peach this week. He also started raking them up with his fingers into his palm and tries his best to feed himself. He has gotten it in his mouth a few times all by himself, but a lot of the time they get stuck in his palms.
It's football season and Cody has been showing his love for his favorite teams Da Bears and the Cowboys
Some other fun things to remember about Cody this month:
-he is wearing mostly 18 month clothing and size 4 diapers
-he is sitting about 90% of the time. He will still wobble over if he turns his head to quickly, but he is getting more steady every day.
-He is all about his toys, picking them up, turning them over, exploring. It is so fun to just sit back and watch him play and get to see what he is interested in.
-He loves reading books and his two favorites are "I Love You Through and Through" and "Dear Zoo" we read "Dear Zoo" before every nap and at bedtime. His face just lights up when he sees the cover of either of these books.
-He loves his Daddy and gets so excited at night when Stephen gets home. I know it's tough on Stephen being gone so much right now as Cody is learning new things every day.
-He still doesn't have a set in stone schedule, but we have a good routine going. He gets up between 6:30-7:30 in the morning and goes to bed around 7:00-7:30 at night. He takes 2 naps a day, one around 9-9:30, it can last anywhere from 30 min to 2 hours. His afternoon nap usually starts around 12:30-1:30, depending on how long his morning nap lasts. I usually have to wake him up at 2:15 to leave to go pick up Jake, he occasionally wakes up before we leave, but most of the time I try to get him in the car asleep and he finishes his nap in the carpool line. If we are out an about in the early evening he will fall asleep in the car, but not if we are at home. He still doesn't like being rocked, so we bounce/walk to help him settle before sleeping. He gets a paci just at naps/bed.
-Night time sleep is still a work in progress. Over the past week or so he has started wanting a bottle overnight again, around 2am. However, he is restless for a while before that time. Sometimes he can settle himself, but a lot of the time he needs help from me or Stephen. I thought it was teething at first, but I think it's just the phase he is in right now, learning and doing so much, that he is very restless at night. I know it will pass, and I'm thankful for a healthy baby boy that I get to cuddle so much each night, but I am also ready for some nights of good sleep consistently.
-His hair has been growing like crazy and is coming in very blonde. I think his hair is going to be straighter and less coarse than Jake's.
-He still ADORES his big brother and Jake is starting to have fun playing with him in the afternoons.
































No comments:
Post a Comment