Where on earth has the time gone? Cody Glenn you are an entire 1/2 a year old! Happy 6 months birthday sweet boy! Here are the pictures from your 6 month "photo shoot" in your rocking chair.
As I am writing this you are 6 1/2 months old and we just had your well check with Dr Sadler. You are a healthy boy and still big as ever. You are 28 1/2 inches long and 23.6 lbs!!! WOW! I think little brother is going to be the bigger brother, which is crazy! (Jake was 27 3/4 in and 20 lbs at 6 months) Here are some stats and things I want to remember about you at 6 months old:
-You are in size 12m clothes and some 18m, mostly pajamas. Slow down please!
-You are in size 3 diapers, but I'm pretty sure this will be the last box in that size.
-You are eating about every 3-4 hours, just depending on the meal.
-You are now a tummy sleeper. We have known since the day you came home that this is how you wanted to be sleeping, but I was too nervous to let you do it. Once you started rolling over, it was a done deal. I would put you to sleep on your back and you would spend the entire night kicking/tossing and turning in your sleep, keeping us all up I might add, until we flipped you to your tummy. You are much happier sleeping this way and now that you are rolling both ways, it doesn't make me as nervous.
-You go to sleep around 7:00 and wake up around 5:00-5:30 to eat. You were going back to sleep for another hour or so after eating, but just this week you decided 5:15 is a great time to start your day....I strongly disagree with this and am hoping you start stretching that time back to a reasonable hour.
-You take 2 naps a day, anywhere from 40 minutes or more long. You are still a bounce to sleep kind of a guy.
-You are very close to sitting, but not quite there yet. It takes a lot of tummy muscles to keep 23+ lbs upright!
-You are eating 3 meals a day. We have introduced all the veggies, right now your favorites seem to be carrots and sweet potatoes, but you will eat anything (shocker!) Just last week I introduced fruits-you have had bananas, peaches, apples, and pears so far. You eat breakfast around 7:30 in the morning and have cereal with a fruit. Lunch is around 11:30 and you have a veggie. Dinner is around 5:30 and you get cereal, fruit, and a veggie. Of course, you get a bottle with each of those and one in between lunch and dinner. You also tried pieces of apple and peaches in one of the little mesh bag things. Jake was never a fan, but you love it. I think it really helps you with teething.
-Speaking of, you have 2 teeth! Your two bottom teeth broke through at the same time, you were miserable :( Right now you have two more bottom teeth that you are working on. You are a drooly boy and your hands and toys are in your mouth constantly these days.
-I have gotten out some of the bigger toys like the music table, sing-n-stage, pop up animals, etc and you love playing with all of them. You are really getting coordinated with your hands and love sitting up to play. If I prop you a little with the boppy you stay steady for a pretty long time.
-I have given you a sippy cup to explore a few times now. You watch your brother and I intently when we are drinking from our cups and have grabbed at our straws many times. I let you check mine out and of course you don't know what to do with it yet, but you are definitely interested.
-You hate bibs....I mean, absolutely hate them! You start yanking on it the minute I put it on and have it off within minutes. I don't even bother putting one on most of the time because it irritates you so much.
-You have mastered the backwards scoot and will scoot yourself right off of the blanket you are on if I put you down on your tummy. Sometimes you stop once you realize you are off the blanket, other times you keep right on going and you went a good 5-6 feet.
-You are obsessed with Daisy. If she comes in the room you stop and just watch whatever she does. If you are in your high chair and hear her come in the kitchen for a drink, you immediately start turning your head to try and see her.
-You love being read to and think all book pages are for eating.
-You are still the happiest of babies and so chilled out most of the time. Football has started and you do so well at the games. The other coach's wives love passing you around and the kids all love entertaining you.
Here are some of my favorite moments from the past month or so:
This right here makes my heart melt. I LOVE watching you and Jake together. He is your most very favorite person. No one makes you laugh harder than him. Your face lights up whenever you see him. You love when he takes time to play with you. One of his favorite things is to climb into your crib with you.
Time for some fun eating pictures. Here you are with cereal. We moved up from rice cereal, to oatmeal and now you eat an oatmeal/barely/rice blend.
You always try to grab my phone whenever I take pictures of you.
When you first started on solids, you sucked on your hands in between each bite...it made the biggest mess, but you don't do it as much now.
One day after school, Jake asked if he could hold you in his lap (which is rare) I passed you to him and caught this lovely shot of you spitting up all over him. He was not happy!
You love playing with empty/almost empty water bottles. I think it's the fun sound that they make and watching the water slosh around.
This was a fun phase. While teething, you discovered you could gnaw on the rim of your high chair tray. It was a challenge getting you to pick your head up to eat.
You also started making this funny face, which I still never got a great shot of. You would suck in your bottom lip really far and smile. It was adorable.
You love your toes....like would chew on them nonstop if I let you.
Here are some scooting shots of you. In all of these you started off on your play mat, near the purple edging on the far side.
You got pretty far and then rolled over to 'talk' to the ceiling fan.
And then you rolled over to keep on scooting, go little man go!
I forget now, but this picture is of either sweet potatoes or squash. I stared you on green vegetables first, but didn't get a picture of that I guess.
Okay, this one is sweet potatoes and then carrots.
This isn't the greatest picture, but the point of it is to show off your two new teeth!
Sitting up to play with the sing-n-stage. You love seeing yourself in the mirror.
Teething once again!
Love those baby blues!
Cody, we love you so very much! Happy 1/2 birthday sweet boy!























































No comments:
Post a Comment