Friday, September 5, 2014

Galveston Vacation

Jake has been talking about the beach ever since we went last year so we really wanted to get there again this summer.  We made the budget work and rented a beach house in Galveston for the weekend with our good friends, the Carlos again.  We were so excited to sneak in a quick family vacation before football started!
 
A quick selfie before we hit the road
 Jake is 'surfing'
Just a smidge excited
Cody was a great traveler once again
We have arrived!



Our house for the weekend
Master bedroom
 
No one slept in this room, but Jake and Eve had a blast playing in here
kitchen
living room
Jake's room.  He was So excited about bunk beds and loved sleeping on the top!
Bedroom that Cody and I shared
view from the porch
Chilling on the porch before bed
Stephen wound up bunking with Jake because someone (Stephen) forgot to pack the pack-n-play for Cody!  So, Cody and I got to co-sleep for the weekend...he slept well, I did not!
A gorgeous sunrise


Eve and Jake patiently waiting to go to the beach


Once the babies got morning naps, we were off to the beach.  Cody love dunking his toes in the water.






He was NOT a fan of sitting in the waves at all!  I had seen a great idea on pinterest to bring a baby bathtub and fill it with water for him to play in .  I brought his infant bathtub and tried it out....again, NOT a fan.  I think he was just too big for the tub because he loves splashing around at bathtime.

Christy and I wound up camped out in the shade tent with the littles while the dads and the bigs went to play in the water.

Christy and Lila (11 months)




Cutie pie!

The bigs came back and we swapped spots so that the mamas could enjoy some beach fun too.
Me and Jake getting our toes in the sand

 
Once again, surfing....not sure where this pose came from!
Beach selfie



He loved jumping the waves

So pretty
Jumping waves with Aunt Christy and Eve






Okay, so the idea of taking babies to the beach was a lot more fun than actually taking babies to the beach.  The bigs had lots of fun, but it was hot and keeping the littles entertained in the little shade tent went okay for about 30 minutes, but after that the babies were hot...and sandy...and grouchy.  We made it just over an hour and then packed everything up to go home for lunch and naps.  We went out to dinner that night, but I somehow didn't get any pictures of that.

Sunrise day 2, and heading home day for us
Cody had his first ever breakfast while we were there.  He was sitting on Stephen's lap while we were all eating breakfast and decided to help himself to a bite of his daddy's waffle.  He grabbed it and had a piece in his mouth without Stephen even noticing!  I made him some rice cereal and he chowed down!

The Carlo's rented a golf cart for us for the weekend to get to/from the beach.  The kids LOVED riding around the neighborhood in it.  We took it for one last spin that morning before they turned it back in.
I was hoping for nice family beach pictures, but the beach wasn't very pretty looking while we were there.  We took family pics by the house (post coming soon) and took this casual beach pic on our golf cart ride that morning.
So, these signs were everywhere around the neighborhood....ugh!
 
We had to head home Sunday morning because Stephen had football practice bright and early on Sunday.  Cody slept almost the whole way home (little did I know this was most likely because he would wake up sick the next day!)
So on the way home we stopped in Madisonville, Texas at a restaurant that advertised the "Best Chicken Fried Steak in Texas."  It was a little hole in the wall place, but they did not lie....BEST chicken fried steak of my life!!!!



This was the outside of the restaurant, we will definitely stop again if we ever pass that way again!
 
Madisonville also has a Texas landmark gas station, Buc-cee's.  It's like the Walt Disney World of gas stations, for real!  It was mine and the boys' first time.
They have the best beef jerkey, or so Stephen says, so he had to get some.
Jake picked out some rock candy as a treat for the rest of the way home.
 
It was a great time and I'm glad we got away for a quick trip before the craziness of football started


No comments:

Post a Comment