Once again, I'm playing catch up...but at least I'm getting caught up! The past 6 weeks have been spring football, Jake playing 2 sports, and Cody cutting 8, yes EIGHT teeth! So I really do have a good reason :) Here is the second half of April at the Tyler house.
The boys are starting to play together more and more. There have been fun growing pains as Cody's personality is growing and he is able to clearly express what he wants/doesn't want. Typically he wants whatever Jake is playing with and big bro doesn't always want to share. Then, there are times that Jake will come and take over whatever toy Cody has. It's especially tricky when little bro doesn't get the concept of sharing at all.
Early morning cuddles
Cody the Climber...
Ta Da! He can climb onto the ottoman all by himself and then climbs down on his belly. He hasn't fallen off...yet.
He discovered the pound-a-peg toy. He doesn't use the hammer yet, but loves to push the pegs through...over and over...and OVER.
More bro moments
This face!
Then Cody taught himself to climb onto the ottoman, over the arm rest and onto the couch.
This kid really needs to work on being more relaxed.
Jake started T-Ball this month, I'll post about that later, but here he was off to his first practice!
Take my picture!
A little Sunday afternoon batting practice with Dad
We were watching the ACM awards and Jake ran for his guitar to join in and give us a concert.
Cody the Climber...and I will admit my Mom fail that just after these pics he rolled off the side of the train table. He was totally unphased and laughing.
Hanging out at TBall practice
Bro moments, today they were fighting over who got to lay on the ottoman...Cody was trying to head-butt Jake off of it.
Cody has started cruising with his walkers, but still no steps on his own :(
One of his favorite places to play
Cody got big boy haircut #2 this month
This isn't a new skill, but I don't think I've caught it on camera before. He loves to take the lids off of his snack canisters with his teeth! He will do it over and over. If I do it for him, he puts the lid back on and takes it off himself.
So proud of himself
He is looking less and less like a baby, sniff!
One day, Cody discovered that he could open the refrigerator door...which he would do a few hundred times a day if I let him.
Milk!
Cheese!
And now, I chill.
He loves Jake's old dress up hats. He loves to hand one to you and wants you to put it on/take it off over and over again.
Cody and I had our last Rhyme Time of the spring. We have a few weeks until they start again. Cody has loved going and gotten really comfortable. This week, he started crawling away during the stories and venturing away from mommy.
"Driving" books around the room like cars
Checking out the other side of the room
Big Bro
Jake left me this sweet note one morning, melt my heart!
Park time with my boys
Playing peek-a-boo with his plate
Cruising the couch...I think he is getting really close to walking. I'm shocked that he is doing it so late, but really, I know life will get really crazy once he does so I'm not in a rush.
Chilled out, tummy out, this kid is the definition of laid back.
























































































No comments:
Post a Comment