We started off Labor Day weekend at a cook-out at "Aunt Christy and Uncle Daniel's" house. Christy was my college roommate and her family is practically my own, her mom and dad have been my "texas parents" since college. I was looking forward to a fun evening and Jake's first swim in the pool. Well, that didn't quite happen! Stephen wound up working late so I went over by myself with Jake. He did pretty good and then came nap time...he refused to sleep, there was just too much excitement going on. He had the biggest meltdown we have had yet! It was awful! So, after about 20 min of trying to calm him down, I decided we would just head on home...at least I got to eat, and memaw packed up my banana pudding to go!
Here is the one picture I got to take before the meltdown! Jake and Aunt Christy :-)
Labor Day weekend also marked the start of college football season, which we love in the Tyler house! Our favorites are the University of Texas, Notre Dame, and Ole Miss! After Jake finally got a nap and Daddy came home...the boys settled in to watch a game. Jake is fascinated by football already! We were watching Oklahoma vs. BYU...and the Sooners lost! :-) Jake was talking to the TV, it was too cute. I guess he is already calling plays like his Daddy! I grabbed the camera, but of course he started getting fussy so I didn't get it caught on video!
On Sunday, we headed to Grandpa and Granna's house. Uncle Dave, Aunt Paige, and cousin Mia were going over too. We went out to eat lunch and spent the afternoon playing in the park across the street from the house. It was a fun day with the family!
Here is Jake in the car...I took this one because I can't believe how big he has gotten. I remember on the way home from the hospital, he looked so tiny in his seat!



No comments:
Post a Comment