Friday, November 19, 2010

State Fair 2010

Catching up: mid-October, Jake is 15 months

"This weekend" we went to the State Fair of Texas. I was really excited to see what Jake thought of everything this year. Our first stop was the petting zoo. I thought if we went there first it wouldn't be very crowded yet...but I was wrong. The size of the crowd intimidated Jake a little bit, but after a few minutes he was all about those animals!





whatever he was looking at here must not have impressed him very much :)
pretty much everything in this pen got called a 'horsie'


I want that one!
Finally, getting brave enough to pet one.

THE GIRAFFE...memorable story alert!
This would be my son at the giraffe pen...notice his feet inside of the bars...want to play guess what happens next?
If you guessed, a shoe falls off and lands in the giraffe pen out of reach of Mommy and Daddy...you win! Yes, we got to flag down the nice man to go in and retrieve Jake's shoe...and in the 5 minutes to took for this to happen, pretty much everyone who passed by yelled out "oh my god, there is a shoe in there!" As if, the shoe was in mortal danger. It was SO much fun and something I will be sure to remind Jake of many times in the future!


After we left the petting zoo, we headed straight for Fletcher's Corny Dogs!

I entertained Jake with a game of stroller peek-a-boo, while Stephen and my mom waited in the long line for the yummy corny dogs!
He was pretty entertained.


LOVE this face as Jake sees the corny dog!
I WANT THAT!
He was definitely a fan.
Checking out some more animals throughout the fair. (Can I just say that I am beyond jealous of my son's eyelashes!)

He wasn't too sure about the chocolate covered strawberries.

You may think Jake is staring at his Daddy in this picture, but....
...that boy saw a TRUCK! He is SO into cars and trucks!!!

Daddy and Jake crusin' the fair.
Let's go that way.
He loved the water fountains!

While we were there, I got to meet up with one of my favorite former students, Jana! So glad I got to visit with her for a few minutes!
I thought Jake would love the auto show, but he had more fun playing 'peek-a-boo' with the curtains on the wall.
Official Big Tex family photo
I couldn't leave without my fair favorite...strawberry funnel cake!
Stephen was pretty excited about it too.
Our hope was that Jake would fall asleep in his stroller at naptime so that we could check out some of the exhibits, but he fought it pretty hard. Daddy was awesome and decided to carry Jake for a little bit. We decided it would be best to just head home and let Jake nap on the car ride home.
The poor guy didn't even make it that far...State Fairs are exhausting!

No comments:

Post a Comment