Father's Day was pretty low key for us this year. We were out of town on vacation the entire week before and got back late Saturday night (vacation posts coming soon!) We had hoped to make it to church Sunday morning, but since Stephen and I are both working this summer, there was a lot to do after being out of town a whole week. Once we woke up, I asked Stephen if there was anything special he would like for breakfast...Jake quickly answered for him, "DONUTS!" So, Jake and I made a quick trip to Dunkin Donuts to get coffee and donuts for Daddy.
I'm pretty sure this guy right here enjoyed the donuts the most :)
Then it was time for Jake to give Stephen his card and present he had made for him. I printed off a poem that I had seen on pinterest...I think it suits Jake and Stephen to a tee, "Walk A Little Slower Daddy." Then, Jake and I had fun painting his and Daddy's shoes to make footprints over the poem.
Jake and Stephen spent the morning playing together while I ran to the grocery store (after a week of being out of town, our fridge was pretty empty!) When I got home, Stephen left to take care of his Father's Day present. He told me all he wanted was new grips for his golf clubs...so he got to go pick them out himself and have them put on his clubs...pretty easy shopping for me :) Our plan was to go over to Stephen's Dad's house to grill out after Jake got up from his nap. (On a side note, Jake threw the biggest tantrum of his life at naptime, which made for some fun times for this Mommy! Of course, once Stephen came home it was all over and he got Jake right down for his nap...oh, Daddy-power!)
Once, Jake woke up for his nap, we headed out. We made a quick stop at Stephen's mom and step-dad's house to give Grandpa his card and gift from Jake.
Jake and his cousin Mia
Man talk after dinner: Stephen with his brother and Dad.
Jake watching cartoons with Uncle Dave and Mia.
Our traditional Father's Day picture of the boys with Papaw and the grandkids (we were missing Mikaela this year, she had to work.)
I am so thankful to be married to such an incredible father. Stephen is truly Jake's best friend and he can make Jake laugh like no one else. Sometimes it is hard on Jake to have a coach for a daddy and all the extra business that comes with that job, but Stephen always makes time for Jake...even after his longest days on the football field. I love watching them play together and especially love eavesdropping on their 'guy talk' at bedtime each night. Happy Father's Day from me and Jake, we love you!













No comments:
Post a Comment