It took him FOREVER to fall asleep the night before his birthday because he was so stinkin' excited for the day to be here. After he FINALLY fell asleep, Stephen and I snuck in to decorate his room with streamers and balloons. He woke up bright and early the next morning and was so surprised to see his room. He let out a big "Oh My Lanta!" (that's Mommy right there) and then asked who had been in his room :) He loved seeing everything!
Stephen had gotten up extra early and hit up Dunkin' Donuts for an extra special breakfast for the birthday boy. He loves him some donuts and we only get them on special occasions.
Now, even though it's summer, Jake and I are still doing summer camp. (I knew Jake would be bored staying home every day, so this way he still gets to play with his friends and I get to make some extra money) We were off to camp for the day, but I made Jake an M&M cookie cake to take to celebrate with his friends. M&M cookies are Jake's very favorite and I tried a recipe off Pinterest...it was amazing! I will definitely be using it again in the future.
I was able to make a special lunch run for Jake to bring him Chick-fil-a for lunch. He was very surprised. Happy boy!
We celebrated Jake's birthday in the afternoon, after naps. He was so excited!
Here is a video of the class singing Happy Birthday to him
Jake and I came home from camp and then we went to Gatti-town for a special birthday dinner. Jake LOVES pizza and if you don't know what Gatt-town is, think Chuck E Cheese, but way better. Both sets of Jake's grandparents met us there for dinner, games, and cupcakes of course!
We arrived a little before the grandparents so we played some games before dinner.
Jake chowed down on some pizza and then it was cupcake time...he did not want us to sing to him :) He was so excited for all the birthday fun that he had only taken a very short nap at camp and was a little bit grumpy by this point in the day.
Cupcake face!
Opening presents: He got a yard game set: badminton, horseshoes, etc from Papaw and Granna
And he got new summer pajamas from Grandma and Grandpa...and a pool noodle for swimming!
After dinner, it was back to play some more games before it was time to go home.
The boys tried so hard to win a stuffed animal for Jake, but were beaten several times by other little kids :)
We gave Jake his birthday present from us a few days early...a new 'big boy' bicycle. He helped us pick it out at the store and was really excited...until we got home and tried riding it. He is a little nervous for now, but I think with a little practice, he will be zooming around the neighborhood in no time!
Here are some things I want to remember about Jake being 4:
-At your 4 year well visit you were 42 1/2 inches tall and 41 lbs...88% for height and 86% for weight. You are our tall and solid boy :) You were NOT a fan of getting your shots. It took both your Dad and I to hold you down for the poor nurse...and we only did 2, going back next month for the next 2.
-Your favorite foods this past year have been: Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, you still ask for them every day for lunch. Macaroni and Cheese, I make it for you every Friday for lunch on our day off from school as a special treat. Spinach or carrots with ranch, strawberries and apples with honey, Chick-fil-a, pizza with bread sticks, cherry slushes from Sonic and sweet tea (both as occasional treats) pretzels, popcorn with candy (another special treat from time to time)
-Your favorite friends: Daddy is your very best friend, I love watching the two of you together. You have lots of friends at school: Ester, Caleb, Ella, Emily, Amariz, James, and Marcie are the ones you play with a lot.
-Favorite things to do: Go to Missouri (we went to Branson on vacation this year) Go to Grandma's house, church, and Daddy's games.-Favorite toys: You are all boy! Trains, cars, and firetrucks keep you entertained for hours, dinosaurs, and over the past few months we started introducing computer games on PBS kids and Disney Jr to you...and the Wii, you love to play bowling, tennis, or box Daddy.
-Favorite TV shows: It varies from month to month, but overall these were his favorites his year: Fresh Beat Band, Peppa Pig, Caillou, Sophia the First, and movies: Lion King, Bolt, Lilo and Stich, and Over the Hedge
-Favorite Books: Again, it varied from week to week, but you still love, love, love to read. Curious George, Bible stoires, Step 1 Readers that you can read yourself, Dr Seuss books.
Happy Birthday Jake! I cannot believe you are 4 years old. Daddy and I are so proud of the little boy you are growing up to be and we love being your Mommy and Daddy!











No comments:
Post a Comment