Friday, December 27, 2013

It's Christmas!

 
 
IT'S CHRISTMAS!   That is how Stephen and I got woken up on Christmas morning, with Jake's little hands tapping on our faces, "It's Christmas, It's Christmas!"  We had been in serious countdown mode around here!  I found this cute idea on Pinterest and it all you had to do was print it off, too easy for this Mommy!  I snapped this pic about halfway through the month.  Jake loved watching Santa's beard grow each day.

 Grammy sent Jake this sticker advent calendar too.  So each morning we had to put on a sticker and add a cotton ball to Santa's beard!  He also had a Christmas countdown chain from school that we took a loop off of each night.
 And we had this, it's a decoration I bought years ago and am so glad I did.  It's a chimney that counts down the days to Christmas, Jake got to remove one plank each day and Santa slowly makes his way down the chimney and on Christmas morning, he arrives! 
Jake was very excited to find what Santa had left him!

  Santa did good :)
 Time for stockings!!!!





  Anything left?  Santa brought Jake a stuffed Snoopy (he is slightly obsessed with Charlie Brown at the moment), M&Ms, glow sticks, a Charlie Brown puzzle, and Thomas the Train readers.
 Stephen got a Superman t-shirt...Jake wanted Daddy to have one that matched his, a new coffee mug, lotion for his hands/face during soccer season, and some treats.  He was supposed to have some Reeces Pieces, but Daisy decided they were for her and snuck them out into the backyard.

 I got new wooden spoons for cooking, a car charger for my phone, Snickers, chapstick, and something else that I can't remember right now :)

We took a break for our traditional Christmas morning breakfast, homemade biscuits and gravy...I forgot to take a picture until after we had made our plates, but you get the idea.  Stephen's dad always made biscuits and gravy so we are continuing that tradition.  I made the biscuits, Stephen made the gravy.
 As soon as our tummies were full, Jake announced it was Time For Presents!!!  On Christmas morning we open our presents to each other and gifts from my Mom and Mamaw.  There was a big delay with the Post Office and UPS this year so most of Jake's gifts from my Mom arrived, but nothing from my Mamaw, or Mom's gifts to me and Stephen.  Still, we had a huge pile of presents under the tree!
 
Stephen got Jake a new hitting tee.  Jake broke his this fall because he can hit the ball so hard.  He now has a heavy duty hitting tee to help him get ready for T-Ball this summer.
 Santa had also brought Jake two board games:  Memory and Pictureka.

 Grammy got him a table top foosball table.  Uncle Jason has one that Jake loves to play any time we go to Auntie Seana's house.  He was so excited to have his own!


 Grammy also got him new wooden train track pieces for his train table.  He loves building his own tracks right now.

 And also from Grammy, Rock Em Sock Em Robots!
 We got Jake a LeapReader system.  It works for both reading and writing, pretty cool!
 Jake bought Stephen about the Notre Dame football team, he picked it out all by himself at the bookstore.  He saw "Go Irish" on the cover and knew his Daddy would love it!

 MORE presents from Grammy, Jake and the Neverland Pirates Tiki Hut and Pirate ship Bucky


 
 

 Stephen got me Steve Madden boots, I am in love!  He also got me a new "C" charm for my James Avery bracelet for our little Cody coming soon!
 Still more from Grammy, Trash Talkin Rowdy Playdough set.

 From Mommy and Daddy: a new flashlight/nightlight combo. 
 We also got him a big fire truck floor puzzle,
 and a book to go with his LeapReader system.
 I got Stephen black game day socks and sweats for soccer season...super exciting I know, but it's things that a coach needs!

 Back to Jakers, we got him a stuffed Pete the Cat and several Pete the Cat books.  This character is a super big deal in his PreK class.

 Big Hugs for Pete!
 My big gift to Stephen was a sign I ordered off of Etsy.  It's a quote by Vince Lombard, his favorite Coach of all time. 

 We were FINALLY down opening presents and it was time for a serious Rock 'em Sock 'em match for the boys!


 Jake helped Daddy put his foosball table together so that they could play it next.

Present Wasted!
 
 We took a break for lunch and some naps for the whole family.  That evening we went to Papaw and Granna's for a big family dinner and more Christamas presents to open!  With both sides of the family, there are 5 couples 8 grandkids.  I love big family Christmases!
 
Santa left stocking for all the grandkids at Papaw and Granna's house too! Jake got M&Ms, Skittles, a Wreck It Ralph reader, a candy cane, and a Jake and the Pirates coloring book with crayons.





 You have to make sure you didn't leave anything at the bottom :)

 Most of the grandkids, l-r:  Mia, Jake, Madi, Jack, and Tanner.  Baylee was sitting on the couch and Mikaela was at her mom's.
 PRESENTS TIME!  Dusty and Chubacabra bath toys from Uncle Dave and Aunt Pooh

 He got Woody and Buzz from Uncle Dave and Aunt Pooh
 Hulk Smash hands from Aunt Dawn and Uncle Nick
Hulk and Captain America action figures from Aunt Dawn and Uncle Nick 


 I couldn't keep up with all the present opening, Jake was literally surrounded by gifts. I know he also got Batman pajamas, another Trash Talking Rowdy playdough set, Batman walkie talkies, an Ironman action figure...and maybe a few others I can't recall at the moment.  We are truly, truly blessed to have a family that loves our little boy so much!
 Cody started his nightly kick boxing routine so I wasn't up taking a lot of pictures after presents, but I did get this great one of Jake with Aunt Dawn and Uncle Nick, love it!
 
 Stephen did get this 'great' pic of me and Dave trying to see whose baby bump was bigger :)

No comments:

Post a Comment