The past few weekends have been busy, but fun ones...it's baby shower time! We are so blessed to have had sweet friends and family want to throw us showers for Cody. We do have a lot of the big things for Cody and thankfully, lots of clothes from his big brother...but a lot of the littler things have been lent out/given away/thrown out between Jake and Cody, not to mention diapers, wipes, baby wash, etc. These showers were a huge, huge blessing to our family, we are so grateful!
The first shower was given by the sweet ladies at my work. I think they are just as eager to meet Cody as I am :) We have staff meetings once a month after school and they combined the meeting with a shower for me in January. There was lots of yummy food to eat and an adorable diaper cake!
We were also blessed to receive a gift card to Babies R Us from the staff. I'm sure we won't have any trouble spending it:)
The second shower was thrown by the ladies in our Sunday School class at church. I have been so blessed by their friendship!
I love that they included Jake in the decorations...I took home all the 'balls on a stick' for him and they are one of his favorite toys at the moment.
My hostesses: Hannah and Lindsey (Stacey too, but she wouldn't get in the picture!)
Hannah is due with baby boy, Griffen, just two weeks after me. We are excited for the boys to be so close in age!
Sweet friends!
Opening presents: there's Stacey!
We were blessed with a lot of the smaller items we needed and a great start to a diaper supply from Mr. Cody!
Hannah made this ADORABLE football "C" for Cody. It is already packed in his hospital bag so that we can use it to take some newborn pictures in the hospital!
Lastly, I had a friends and family shower hosted by my two BFFs, Seana and Misty this past Saturday.
I have such amazingly, talented friends. Misty made this wreath for Cody's hospital door/bedroom. I just love it!
BFFs: Seana, Misty, and I. It was also the weekend of both of their birthdays. It was so fun being together!
The kids area :)
Time to open presents, I had lots of helpers.
The girls got me this PRECIOUS mothers' necklace, that I LOVE!
Ms Lila Jamie
A quilt from Great Grandma Rohmer
Grandma Rohmer, my mother in law Betty, and the Gobar/Carlo girls
My college and after roommate, Mary
Fellow 'Boy Mom,' Heather
The big girls LOVED showing some lovin' to Lila
A blanket knit by Grandma
And this is why I am okay being a 'boy mom,' because God gave me such beautiful nieces that I get love on (all my best friends had girls!) l-r: Eve, Kacie, Sarah Beth, Hayley, and Hannah...Lila was sitting with her Mama.
BFFs and kiddos pic
Since it was their birthdays we sweet talked Stephen and Seana's husband, Jason, to watch all 5 kiddos so that we could go out to dinner and have some girl time. It's been over a year and a half since the 3 of us went to dinner together, without children. It was SO nice!
We came home to a loud and messy house, poor Seana, but the kids were having the BEST time playing together! Each one had an instrument and they were having a parade around the house.
While we were at dinner, the boys sent us this picture of 'Daddy daycare.' Too fun!








Such a fun weekend!!
ReplyDelete