Monday, February 23, 2015

100th Day of School, 1st Field Trip, Watchdog Dad

The beginning of February was some exciting times at Jake's school! 
 
They celebrated the 100th day of school with a parade.  Each kindergartner got to make a hat to celebrate 100.  Jake picked out his prek graduation hat and I got the idea to hot-glue "100" on the top.  Then we came up with the idea to put 100 dinosaur stickers on it.  I think it turned out pretty fun, and it was totally Jake.




 

 Kindergarten also went on their very first field trip!  I was so excited that I got to be a parent volunteer and go with his class.  Jake was also excited because it meant he got to ride a school bus for the very first time.  We were off to Safety Town at the Frisco Fire Department.
 The firefighters talked with the kids about when you do or don't call 911. They also taught them what to say if you ever needed to call 911.  Then, the teacher picked a few students to role play a call, Jake was one of the kids picked!  He did a great job.  I was a proud mama!


Next up, learning about the tools firefighters use.




And the best part was at the end, the kids got to take turns driving around Safety Town in the kid-sized jeeps.  It was organized chaos, but they had so much fun!






 Class picture

 
 The very next day, Stephen was the Watchdog Dad at Wyatt.  Watchdog is a nationwide program that focuses on increasing dads involvement in schools and also reducing bullying in schools.  Stephen got to spend the entire day at Wyatt with Jake's class.  They had special shirts to wear, greeted students at drop-off, and were on the morning announcements.  Stephen went to recess, PE, and helped in the classroom.  They both had a blast! 

No comments:

Post a Comment