Monday, February 23, 2015

1st Lost Tooth!

It's official, Jake lost his first tooth.  The story is actually a good one too.  His bottom two, middle teeth were both loose, one a little more than the other.  It was a Saturday morning and I ran to the store for a quick errand.  I noticed that I left my phone at home, but didn't think it would be a big deal since I wouldn't be gone long.  When I got home 30 minutes later, Stephen met me at the door and said, "Jake lost his tooth!"  And then Jake told me how it happened; they were playing wii and he bonked himself in the face with the remote control....out popped his tooth!  He was a little traumatized, but excited to lose his first tooth! 
 
*sidenote:  I now realize that when his tooth were loose, Stephen and I should have started making plans for the first Tooth Fairy visit because we were completely unprepared.  No tooth pillow or box, no 'plan,' for what the Tooth Fairy would leave, etc.  Definitely should have thought about it ahead of time! 
 
The proud missing tooth picture


 Getting ready for bed that night.  We improvised and I made a special box out of a mini-tin Altoids container.  Jake cracked us up; he wanted nothing to do with the Tooth Fairy coming in his room!  We reassured him, explained she was nice like Santa.  His response was awesome: "Well, I've been knowing Santa for years...I've never met this Tooth Fairy person!"  Oh my Jake Tyler!  So, we set out his box on the couch in the living room, he was okay with that :)
 He had another special request, he wanted to keep his tooth.  We left a special note for her asking to please keep it.
 Thanks to Pinterest, the Tooth Fairy found some pretty cool stuff to leave for Jake ;)



Less than a week later, tooth #2 was hanging on by a thread.  It was really getting in the way of him eating.  Stephen had a game that night, even though I really didn't want to do it, I knew Mama had to get the job done.  We were in the bathtub and I finally talked him into letting me try to pull it.  I used my Dad's technique and sure enough it came out without me really having to pull at all.  I think Jake and I were both a little nervous. 

I am going to miss his little boy smile, it's a bittersweet moment for this mama, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment