Cody is 11 months old!!! I promise I had every intention of posting this one on time. I had all the pictures loaded and then both boys got sick, Cody with RSV :( It's not been very fun around here the past few weeks, but everyone is on the mend and I can finally get caught up on things!
Here is Cody on his 11 month birthday. I attempted a photo shoot in the glider, but this stinker was constantly trying to climb out, so I gave up. It was a gorgeous day so we headed out to the Heard Museum and Wildlife Preserve. I found matching shirts for the boys (which is a small miracle given their age range) so we did some pictures there.
So a few weeks ago I was thinking I wasn't going to have anything new to blog about...and then of course Cody started doing new things every day! He is less and less a baby and more and more a toddler every day. It's a bittersweet time, especially since we know Cody is our last. We are soaking up all the 'baby moments' we can!
One new trick this month: "Yay, Cody!" He loves to cheer for himself or when he is done eating. Sometimes we cheer for him just to watch him do it over and over because he is sooooo cute!
He still loves to sit and read every morning. We will go through the entire basket, reading some over and over (and OVER!) Sometime he likes to 'read' them himself, but most of the time he wants to be read to. It's fun to see him developing favorite pages or books. He loves The Big Red Barn, Hop on Pop, Barnyard Dance, a musical Elmo book, Thank You Prayer, I love You Through and Through, Blue Hat Green Hat, and The Going to Sleep Book. (just to name a few;) )
He loves exploring the playroom, especially all of Jake's toys. Mommy has had to reorganize the entire room so that all of the Cody-friendly toys are in his reach and anything with tiny pieces are moved up to higher ground. He especially loves Buzz Lightyear, the Magna Doodle board, the vetch computer, and the train table.
We have been introducing lots of meats, this was his first fishstick. He loved it!
He love it when Jake gets out all his balls. He loves to play 'catch,' but we have to make sure he doesn't try to eat the balls...several have Cody sized bite marks out of them! Big brother was NOT happy!

Happy boy! You are doing well eating off of a fork, but you love to feed yourself.
You love exploring all the parts of the fireplace. I have had to disassemble and hide lots of little parts!

You can make 'basket's with the balls on your walker.
You do really well drinking water out of your sippy at snack times. Baby mum-mums, yogurt melts, puffs, cheerios, and granola bars are some of your favorite snacks.
You try to crawl over EVERYTHING!
You are now a 'cruiser!' You started pulling up on anything and everything! You missed the typical "how do I sit back down?" hurdle. You are fearless, you just let go and sit.
One of your favorites: chicken and broccoli with rice. You LOVE broccoli!
Love this moment! You and Jake are starting to play together...well, at least side by side with the same toy. Sometimes Jakes loves it, sometimes you are the pesky little brother. You, however, adore him and want to be wherever he is.
Cody selfies
More reading time. This was one of your favorite pages for a while...you would just sit and laugh at the baby on the page.
Pulling up EVERYWHERE!
Family selfie
I don't think you were eating anything special here, you just looked really cute :)
Pulling up and cruising
And then we have to take a break to go wake up Daisy, just to say Hi...poor Daisy!
This day you started out on your Sing-n-Stage, and cruised all the way down to your walker. You do it all the time now, but this was one of the first days I saw you cruising from one toy to another.
One Saturday morning you were laying and having the best time laughing at the ceiling fan, doing your 'happy dance'
You also discovered that you can pull up on the window sills and cruise along the windows. Now, it's one of your favorite things to do.
Checking out what Bo is doing.
We are starting to have some warmer days and you love when the windows are open.
Sweet brother moments!
Your hair has gotten really long and curly! I think your first haircut will be coming up very soon.
Cheese!
Serious face selfie
You are no longer happy hanging out in your high chair with a toy while I cook dinner. Some days you will play with some pots, pans, or Tupperware, but I had to bust out 'baby jail.' Most days you will play happily while I get dinner together. I will usually put on a quick Elmo video for you to watch for a few minutes and you are a happy boy.
Jake thinks it's cool to climb in with you.
First bites of ham, yum!
Some action cruising shots.
Here are my notes on everything I want to remember when Cody was 11 months old:
-Sweet boy, you still aren't the best sleeper at night. You can sleep through the night, it has happened...a few times. Usually you wake up once or twice, just needing help to find paci or to be bounced/rocked for a few minutes. There are still nights that you are up more and you need extra rocking/bouncing sessions. Those nights aren't fun and I really thought you would be sleeping through consistently, but I've talked to so many friends that assure me it's normal. I guess your big brother just spoiled us in the sleep department. I know that it's just a season and in days not to far away I will miss those moments more than anything.
-Speaking of paci, yes, you still use yours, but it's still just for sleeping. Even then, you don't use it every time. Again, Jake gave his up around 10 months and my plan was to wean you off this month, but then you got so sick that I just couldn't do it. We are working on it now, but not in paci boot camp yet. Another fun fact, when you wake up you think it is super fun to crawl to the crib rail and throw paci out...and I mean, chuck it as hard as you can. It's really fun when you do it at night and then want it back and we get to play 'find the paci' at 2 am! Or you stuff it on the side closest to the wall and mommy gets to move the crib to search for it, you think that's hysterical. You also like to play this game when you are winding down in your crib before naps. You are a mess, Cody Glenn!
-When you are falling asleep you make the funniest noises. We call it a 'dinosaur noise' becasue it's not really a growl, just these high and low pitch noises you alternate as you go to sleep. Some nights I have to really hold in my laughs because you sound so silly.
-You are saying a few words: car, that, dad, bo (your name for jake), and up....no mama yet :(
-You have tried some new foods this month, again all meats/proteins: meat, fishsticks, chicken nuggets, vegetable/black bean patties, and sandwiches. You love a good meat and bread sandwich cut into tiny squares. Your favorite foods are broccoli, green beans, cheese, bananas, and blackberries.
-You love to look at the windows. You love to be outside and are not happy when I tell you it's too cold to go out for a walk or to watch cars from the garage.
-One day you took a few steps with your walker, but I think it was a fluke because you haven't done any since that day.
-You LOVE bathtime, especially making BIG splashes to get Bo and Dad-Dad all wet.
-You LOVE Elmo. We don't really sit down to watch TV, but I will pull it up on my phone for you to watch while I take a shower or cook dinner.
-You have started trying to share your food and paci with us. It is so sweet.
-You like playing shapes on your shape sorter. I help you line up the shapes and you love to push them in the hole. I think you may be trying to say 'push' as you do it (because I do with each shape, sorry!) but it's not clear yet.
-You like to play 'catch' with balls and try to throw it back.
-You have dropped down to 4 bottles a day, one with each meal and one at bedtime. You have a morning and afternoon snack and will drink water from your sippy with those.
-Your schedule is a mess. I thought you were starting to drop down to just one nap a day, but now it just kind of depends on what time you wake up/how well you slept the night before. Most days you still take two naps: 9-11 and then you fall asleep when we go to pick up Jake at 2:30...usually, some days you fight it and crash at home later in the afternoon. And then about 2 days a week you surprise me and stay up the entire morning, not napping until after lunch, around 12-2 and then that is your only nap of the day. I'm not going to lie, it's really hard to make plans, plan trips to the store, etc when I have no clue what schedule you are going to pick for the day! After your birthday, I'm hoping to start keeping you busy in the mornings so that we can switch over completely to one nap.
-You love to play 'patty cake' and do the roll motion with your hands.
-You started clapping this month
-You can now feed yourself from a pouch of baby food
-You have discovered Daisy's water bowl....and you are very sneaky about crawling over to it and soaking yourself and the kitchen floor.
-You are slightly obsessed with watching the weather forecast on TV. I typically have the news on in the background each morning while we play. You come to a dead stop each time they pull up the radar and stare so intently at the TV, getting so excited.
-You are wearing size 18m and 24m clothes, depending on the outfit or brand. You wear size 4 diapers during the day and size 5 at night. You are wearing size 5 shoes.
I can hardly believe that you are a few weeks away from being 1 Mr. Cody Glenn. I have no idea where this year went! We love you to the moon and back!


.jpg)





































.jpg)












































No comments:
Post a Comment