This morning I woke up to the sound of Jake talking very loudly to his animal friends on his mobile. Usually in the mornings he'll talk a little bit to them and mostly smile, but this morning he was so loud and just jabbering away telling one good story! Over the past few days we've noticed that he has started finding his voice, not baby cooing noises, but more of his actual voice. And now that he has found it, he spent the day talking to everything! His toys on his activity mat, the toys on his jumparoo, his reflection in the mirror...at one point, I think I heard him start to make the 'hard c' sound, which would be the start of his constants, but it was just once so I'm not making it official yet :-) Stephen got home and was cracking up listening to him. I got one good video of Jake talking to himself in the mirror.
Something else that Jake loves right now is standing and sitting on our stomachs. He loves it if we make him dance or just make silly faces, especially motorboat lips. He tries to mimic us when we do that, but all he ends up doing is blowing lots of bubbles out of his lips. He cracks himself up doing it though. He also likes it when we help him touch his toes as he sits on us...not sure why, but he is obsessed with his feet. Jake's other favorite is to give "head bonks" like mini headbutts. His ab muscles are getting so strong. We've been playing more with him sitting on the floor leaning against my legs. He wants to sit up by himself so badly. He leans forward but can't stop the momentum so I have to catch him before he leans all the way over. He has already pulled himself up when sitting on my lap, leaning back against my knees. He is such a strong little boy! On a softer side, Jake also loooooooves eskimo kisses and kisses on his tummy.
Here is Jake "dancing on my daddy"
Here is our family at my birthday dinner last weekend...Jake was pretty tired by this point so it's not the greatest picture.



That video made me laugh out loud!! :)
ReplyDeleteAuntie Seana