Today was a very special day...Jake got to meet his twin 'cousins', Hannah and Hayley Cossey! Seana, Misty, and I have been best friends going back to our single days at Lakepointe Church. The three of us are more like sister than friends, so our babies have become our 'nephews' and 'nieces.' Misty and her husband, Cecil Ray, moved to Arkansas several years ago, so the time we get to spend together is extra special. Misty and I found out we were pregnant about the same time, except she was having twins, and the girls were born exactly one week after Jake. Since they are 'cousins' we hope they grow up having the same special bond that their mommies have! Today, the Cossey family was visiting Texas so we got to see all the babies in person for the first time! Jake was very excited to meet Aunt Misty and Uncle Cecil Ray (who is also a football coach, so he and Stephen always have fun talking football!) Uncle Cecil Ray's #1 rule is that since the kids are 'cousins' they are not allowed to date each other, ever! Well, when Jake met Hayley, Misty and I noticed they smiled at each other...hmmmmm! It was a very fun afternoon and we can't wait to see all of the Cosseys when they are back in Texas for Thanksgiving!!! (oh, Misty's mom also said that Jake looks "just like me"...that is the first person to say that, and even though I know it's not true...it sure was nice to hear it, just once :-) )
Misty, Seana and I with the babies: (left to right: Jake, Hannah, Hayley)
Look how much bigger Jake is! The girls were 4 weeks early, and being twins, smaller at birth...but it makes me realize just how big Jake is for his age! (he is only 1 week older!)
Me with my beautiful niece Hayley...she was so LIGHT!
She was the littlest of the twins and weighs about 10 lbs now,
I'm so used to carrying my 95% percentile Jake...I don't think he was every that light!

Aunt Misty with Jakey

Auntie Seana with Hayley....Hannah was asleep when we got there, so she missed out on all the early picture taking :-(

Uncle Cecil Ray and Jake
No comments:
Post a Comment