Today we woke up to a BEAUTIFUL sight in Texas, SNOW! And not just a dusting of snow, but a day-long snowfall. I was so excited because that type of thing just doesn't happen here in Texas, but it is one of the things I miss most about home. When we went to bed last night they were predicting 1-3 inches, but we had that by the time Jake woke up in the morning...they changed the prediction to 7-9 inches, which will pretty much set the all time, one day snow fall record for the Dallas area. Jake and I stayed inside and watched until Stephen got home and then we went outside to build a snowman.
view from our backyard, I love when snows sticks to the trees!
Here is a video of the snow coming down, the flakes were SO big!
I was holding Jake and the camera so it's not the best shot ever.
Jake watching out the window, I opened all the blinds in the house because all he wanted to do was watch it snow, he must get that from his Mommy
Stephen got home from work and we got Jake ready to go outside and play

At Christmas, we sat Jake in his bumbo in the snow, but this time we let him sit directly in it...I had bought some snow pants, just in case we got snow :) He wasn't very impressed.

Daisy was having lots of fun

Now he likes it

my babies in the snow

starting to play in it...then a big snowflake landed on his nose and he fell backwards, it was too funny, but i didn't get any pictures

Daddy and Jake with their snowman...we had to build one, who knows when there will be enough snow in Texas to build another one...this poor snowman didn't get a face and has Jake's blocks for buttons :)

Jake playing in the snow
No comments:
Post a Comment