On our last full day in Chicago, we went to my Mom's work so that she could show off her grandson. All of the ladies were very excited to meet Jake because they hear about him all the time!

exploring the kitchen

My mom works for the the county association that provides recreation activities for the handicapped and special needs youth and adults. There were several large activity balls around the offices and Jake found them all!


Sitting at Grammy's desk
It was our last day in Chicago and we still had several of my favorite restaurants to eat at...there was only one solution...a Chicago food crawl, think bar crawl...but food! Our first stop was Augustino's Deli for lunch. It's your classic Italian deli, all kinds of sandwiches and goodies!
Stephen got a steak sandwich

Jake helped me eat my turkey pastrami

My all-time favorite Chicago restaurant is Portillo's...they have the most amazing italian beef sandwiches. (Chicago's answer to a philly cheese steak) I usually eat there almost every day when I am home. Somehow this trip I had only been there once...so even though I we had just eaten lunch, the food crawl continued to Portillo's!

This right here friends is heaven on earth!!!! I didn't even wait until we got home, I ate my sandiwch right there in the car.

Jake participating in the food crawl :) yum Mommy!

After Jake got up from his afternoon nap, we headed to Cosley Zoo...which was just Cosley Park when I lived there. It's an animal rescue zoo, it was perfect for Jake, just 5 acres so we were in and out in about an hour.
Checking out the ducks

He called the horses 'good girls'
Jake with Mom and Grammy

The Tyler Family

Daddy and Jake checking out the turtles

Deer
Jake laughed at this one because it was playing in the water.

Horned Owl
Hawk
Raccoons, Jake really liked them too
Fox

Peacock
'oink oink'

Sheep
Coyote
We let Jake out of his stroller so that he could stretch his legs. He had a lot of fun exploring the duck area.
I think I might have seen that pizza place on the food network or travel channel or something? YUM!
ReplyDelete