Thursday, March 12, 2015

Cody is 1!

I can't believe I am writing Cody's 1 year old blog!  Where did this year go??? 
 
 
Well, I feel like I didn't get a lot of good pictures this month, with him being so sick for half of it :(  Nevertheless, here is what it was like this past month in the life of Cody.
 
He learned how to do laundry!  And by this I mean, knock over a basket of folded laundry and completely unfold it, making a big mess everywhere.  But he had lots of fun :)







 
Cody has a new trick, he loves to open his puffs jar...with his teeth!  
Out for a walk, soaking in some sun
Cruuuuuisin'

He loves to take his snack cups and shake out every last Cheerio
He likes to climb up on the fireplace hearth and play with his toys from up there

 
He is still hit and miss on 1 or 2 naps a day and when that 1 nap may be...so a lot of days our first attempt at naptime looks like this, one big party!

wrestling with Elmo
Happy boy, sleepy mommy

He loves playing with his plate after he is done eating; it makes a great food smasher-upper AND a great tool for playing peek-a-boo.  Either way, a lot of food ends up in his hair at each mealtime.
String cheese wrappers are super fun too




 
 
He loves the vacuum cleaner and his toy vacuum.  I hope this is a deep, life long love so that he will vacuum for me when he gets bigger. 



What's up Mr Penguin?



 
He loves climbing and flopping on Jake's bean bag chair




 
He has also decided it's fun to eat books.  This is a page he ripped out of his favorite book....why must you be so destructive sweet boy?

I think this was his first attempt at building a fort

He loves sitting in chairs.  This rocker is one that my Grandaddy made for me when I was little, so it's pretty special.
 Playing us some tunes on the guitar




 Relaxing in the Lightning McQueen chair.  This is an old chair that Jake hasn't used in forever, but of course now that Cody wants it...it's his "favorite thing in the whole wide world."  So there have been a few bro-fights over the chair already.
 This one has no fear.  He will climb up the chair and onto the couch to be closer to Jake...which Jake just loves ;)
 
 
 
 Playing trains together 



Here is Cody showing off his cruising skills
 
Things to remember about Cody Glenn at 12 months old:
-We just took you for your well visit and you are 31 inches long and 25 lbs.  When we took you to the doctor and you were diagnosed with RSV they said you were 28 lbs so I think you lost a little being sick.  Poor guy!
-Sizes haven't changed much:  4 in diapers. 18m or 24m in clothes, just depending on what it is.  You have crazy, fat feet so you are in size 4 shoes.
-You just aren't a sleeper.  This month has been especially tough with you being sick, but I think my body just knows how to function now on 4 or less hours of sleep.  You go down easy around 7:30 and wake up around 7:30 am, but in between, HA!  Most nights, you have a good 2 hour period of 'awakeness' that completely confounds your father and I.  Sometimes you just want cuddles and will sleep if we hold/rock you.  Other nights, you are just up...and by up I mean you and Elmo are having a par-tay in your crib.  I know it's a phase, I know you will grow out of it....I just hope there is enough caffeine in the world to last me until that happens.
-You say:  Dad-dad, Mama, Bo, and try to say Daisy, but it comes out as a Diz like sound.  You say car, up, that, buh or bub for baby, and possibly a few other words like 'boo' for peek-a-boo, 'Na-na' for banana...you have said those a few times, but I can't tell if you really know the words yet. 
-Elmo is your very best friend.  You will pick up the remote and say "Buh" for him.  Not sure why he calls Elmo that, but it's pretty cute.  (For the record, he doesn't sit around watching TV all day, but when he was sick we watched more than he usually does)
-You eat anything and everything and your favorites haven't changed much.  I still give you a baby food pouch with your meals, sometimes you suck it down, sometimes you don't want it all.  It just depends on your mood, but that way I know you are getting a variety of fruits and veggies.
-You are still the most chilled out and happy baby.  However, separation anxiety and 'stranger danger' are most definitely setting in.  You do not like it when grandparents come over, mostly because that usually means we are leaving you for a little bit.  The church nursery is not going well.  I know it's a normal phase, but it is NOT a fun one.
-You will cruise anywhere, and will sometimes do it one handed.  We have caught you letting go and balancing your legs against things to stand, but you aren't standing independently yet.  I'm guessing walking is still a month or more away and that is just fine with me.  I have a feeling once you figure it out you will be full steam ahead.
-You and Jake are starting to play special games together.   He loves to push the big yellow Tonka truck around while you chase him.  You will play peek-a-boo together.  You love to play cars on car table in his room.  He is still your favorite person, with Dad-Dad close behind.
-You have discovered Daisy's water bowl, it's your personal water park.  You are very sneaky about getting to it and have a mischievous laugh you give only when you know you are about to do something you aren't supposed to.
-We are working on sippy cups as opposed to bottles.  You being sick for so long and not eating/drinking for several days kind of set us back.  We needed to get fluids in you so we went back to only bottles.  Now that you are better, we are working on it again.  You start of with a sippy and will do pretty good on it, but need a bottle to finish your formula/milk after you are done eating. 
-We started milk the day after you turned 1 and it was easy.  For the first day or so I put some flavored drinkable yogurt in it, like we had done with Jake.  By day 3 you were on totally milk.  So long formula, hello cheaper grocery bill!
-Cars and books are still your favorites

Mr. Cody Glenn,
You are officially no longer a baby and I'm not sure how I feel about that.  Lately I have been hearing the expression, 'the days are long but the years fly by.'  That sums up perfectly how I feel about your first year.  It went by so quickly!  You have made it pretty easy on me, now if only we could get the hang of sleeping, I would be one happy mama.  I can't wait to see all that you learn over this next year and all the ways your little personality will develop.  We love you so much, sweet boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment