Monday, December 21, 2009

7 Days of Christmas-Day 2

Today Jake got to see someone he hadn't seen for a very long time...since the day he was born, his Aunt Dawn! Stephen's sister, Dawn, coaches women's soccer at Notre Dame...this job keeps her so busy that the only time all year that she gets to come home is Christmastime. Dawn got to meet Jake just an hour after he was born (she just happened to be on a recruiting trip to Texas on the day I was induced) but had to leave the next morning. We were all very excited to get to see his Aunt Dawn again! We met her at Cheddar's for lunch and had a great time catching up. Jake had lots of big smiles for his Aunt Dawn!

"I'm so glad to see you Aunt Dawn!"

"I'll have a cookie monster please"
Today's lunch at Cheddar's was also special because Jake sat in a high chair for the first time! He loved it, was reaching for everything and having a great time. He especially wanted my water glass. Over the past week, he's started taking sips of water out of my glass. He loves it and gets irritated when I take the cup away...good thing he's getting a sippy cup in his stocking :-)

I'm a big boy!!!

When we were leaving the restaurant, we got the best compliment. The hostess was a middle-aged woman, who stopped us and said, "I've been working in the restaurant business my whole life, and I have to tell you he is the best baby I've ever seen in a restaurant!" We were a very proud mommy and daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment