Thursday, December 3, 2009

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

Yesterday we got the BEST surprise, SNOW IN TEXAS! I was so excited to see what Jake thought of it. I grew up in Chicago and snow is absolutely one of my favorite things in the world, and one of the things I miss most about home...especially having a white Christmas. I knew there was a chance for snow in the area, but I didn't have my hopes up because usually all we get is ice. Well, right as I was making Jake's breakfast, huge, beautiful snowflakes began to fall. I wanted to take Jake out in it so badly, but we were both in our jammies so instead I opened the back door and let him watch, he was mesmerized!



surprisingly the snow actually stuck...but melted less than an hour later


Jake was hungry so I opened the blinds by his chair so he could watch the snow while he ate his oatmeal. He just stared and stared. That snow is some pretty cool stuff!


Jake also loves all of the Christmas decorations, especially the lights on the tree and on the garland on the mantle. Christmas has always been my favorite time of year and this year it is going to be so special to celebrate Jake's first one. I remember this time last year thinking, "this time next year, the baby will be here (we still didn't know if it was a boy or girl)" I couldn't wait to show him/her the tree, lights, decorations, all of the things we are getting to do now with Jake. I already know the memories of this Christmas will be precious, precious ones.






No comments:

Post a Comment