Christmas Eve is special for two reasons...first for the holiday, but also because Jake is 6 months old today! I'm going to blog about that next week, there is so much going on and I don't want that blog lost in the shuffle. We had a busy day planned for Christmas Eve! We started the day with the extended Tyler Family Christmas...Stephen was very excited because his extended family hadn't all gotten together in several years. Jake was going to get to meet a lot of family members for the first time! The day was even more exciting because a miracle happened, we got a WHITE CHRISTMAS in Texas! It made travel interesting, but definitely made it feel like Christmas! We traveled about 30 minutes to Fairview for lunch. Jake did great once again!


Granna and Jake

Jake with Daddy and Grandpa

The Tyler Family!

Grandma and Grammy showing Jake the tree

A picture of us in the snow!

After lunch, we came home and let Jake get a nap in. That evening, Stephen's mom and step-dad, brother's family, and sister all came over. We had pizza, cookies, snacks, and let the kids decorate cookies for Santa. It was a great Christmas Eve! Our little man didn't quite make it to all the fun of the night though. Because of the snow and traffic, Aunt Paige, Uncle Dave, Aunt Dawn, and cousins were stuck in traffic. Jake got tired and we decided to put him to bed before they could get there, but it was still a great night!
Jake is ready for Santa!!!!

our living room...bet you can't get who most of those presents are for!

can I open some now???

I swear mom, I wasn't trying to open it!

...but if I was, this is how I would do it!

Our Christmas Eve photo
Grammy and Jake

Grandpa, Grandma, and Jake

About this time, Jake was getting tired. Our original plan was to let the kids decorate cookies for Santa together, but the cousins were all stuck in traffic. So, plan B...use cookies I made to leave out for Santa.

Stephen and I at the Tyler Family Christmas
Jake with his Aunt Paige....LOVE this picture!
Jake and his cousin, Mikaela
Granna and Jake
Jake with Daddy and Grandpa
The Tyler Family!
Grandma and Grammy showing Jake the tree
A picture of us in the snow!
After lunch, we came home and let Jake get a nap in. That evening, Stephen's mom and step-dad, brother's family, and sister all came over. We had pizza, cookies, snacks, and let the kids decorate cookies for Santa. It was a great Christmas Eve! Our little man didn't quite make it to all the fun of the night though. Because of the snow and traffic, Aunt Paige, Uncle Dave, Aunt Dawn, and cousins were stuck in traffic. Jake got tired and we decided to put him to bed before they could get there, but it was still a great night!
Jake is ready for Santa!!!!
our living room...bet you can't get who most of those presents are for!
can I open some now???
I swear mom, I wasn't trying to open it!
...but if I was, this is how I would do it!
Happy Boy! (before he got tired)
Our Christmas Eve photo
Grammy and Jake
Grandpa, Grandma, and Jake
About this time, Jake was getting tired. Our original plan was to let the kids decorate cookies for Santa together, but the cousins were all stuck in traffic. So, plan B...use cookies I made to leave out for Santa.
My new favorite picture of my boys!
Stephen telling Jake about Santa coming that night.




No comments:
Post a Comment