Thursday, June 24, 2010

1 YEAR OLD!

One year ago today, this was me...

and at 5:53 pm I became a mommy to the most beautiful baby boy. And it feels like I barely blinked my eyes...

and here we are one year later. My baby boy, no longer a baby.

Jacob, I love you so much! This year has been the hardest and best year of my life all in one. I have loved being home with you and being your mommy this year. I have loved watching all of your firsts: smiles, laughs, teeth, rolling over, solid foods, sitting up, crawling, pulling up, cruising. I could barely keep up with how fast you have grown, all you have learned. I cannot being to put into words how much I love you...becoming a mommy truly taught me the meaning of unconditional love! You truly are the light of my life and I can't wait for next year and all the fun things we will get to do together.

This is how Jake spent his first birthday :)
We got up and did our usual morning routine, ate breakfast and then went for a run with our friends Leanne and Carter.
Here is a video of Jake waking up this morning...he was doing his usual 'roll call' of family members...dada and 'good girl' (daisy)


We came home and played a lot!
this boy looooves elmo!

i posted this one because you can see his molar (bottom right) it's been in a while, the top ones are the ones coming in now

Here is Jake talking to Mamaw, she is singing him 'happy birthday' from Chicago

All ready to go eat dinner at Chuy's as a 1 year old! You think Jake and Stephen look alike?

Jake and his grandmothers

first course: sippy

Aunt Paige came to eat with us too! Uncle Dave had to work :(

I'm this many!

second course: guacamole

third course: crayons??? no, we had chicken and french fries...with a few green beans

last course: some of mommy's ice tea

the birthday boy with Grandpa and Granna


The Tyler Men

Here's a fun video of Jake keeping us all entertained at dinner with peek-a-boo

Jake's 12 month milestones:

*still cruising everywhere. he's taken a few independent steps, but definitely not a walker. i think we are still a few months away on that.

*new words: book, done, again, drink, no, hello (and waves) bye-bye

*loves, loves elmo books and kisses elmo on every page

*we are now up to 11 teeth and counting...these top molars coming in have been rough! he finally slept through the night last night for the first time in over a week

*favorite toys: balls of any kind, he will chase balls around for forever! books, he will now 'read' books himself...flip the pages and mimic what he sees in the pictures. climbing on everything!

1 comment:

  1. Awe, happy birthday Jake! That first part of your post brought tears to my eyes. It's just amazing to watch them grow up and learn so much ... so quickly!!

    ReplyDelete