Monday, June 28, 2010

Birthday Party!!!

Alright y'all, buckle up for a long birthday party blog! :)



I was so excited for Jake's party and couldn't wait to decorate! My mom was a big help coming up with ideas...we had many phone calls back and forth from the isles of Hobby Lobby!





month by month pictures of Jake and what I have done so far of his scrapbook



party favors for the grown ups- rice krispies with licorice to look like hay bales


and for the kiddos: cowboy horses in buckets



food table, in mid-prep...none of the refrigerated food was out yet


CUPCAKES!






I really wanted to take some pictures of Jake before the party all decked out in his party shirt and cowboy hat....but Jake wouldn't keep his hat on his head! Instead, he thought it was a fun toy to play peekaboo with.



Grammy with Jake
Jake got a musical Elmo card for his birthday...and he wanted to play it over and over again

me and my birthday boy, almost ready for party time! we didn't get a family picture in before everyone started coming :(

Jake eating his birthday dinner

Birthday zerberts from Uncle Dave-o
Jake playing train with Grandpa Perkowski

I didn't get a single shot of the boys where you could see there faces! But here are Carter, Tyler, and Jake
Jake and Tyler playing cars

I got the jumparoo out for cute little Jacob Clark...
...and Jake and Tyler made a bee line straight for it! Their long lost buddy, the jumparoo. Poor Jacob!

All the kids playing: Carter, Madi, Jake, Tyler, and Brinley
Jake and Carter playing with the house...
...and Leanne was back there too! :)

Then it was time for the cake! I lit a candle and Jake tried to grab it right away, we'll have to go for that whole blowing out the candle thing next year. But we did sing 'Happy Birthday' I don't think Jake was sure what to make of a big audience watching him or what to do with a big cake on his tray. Here's video of Jake's first 'Happy Birthday'
not sure what to do with this mom

starting to get the hang of it
messy man!
family picture: notice stephen and I leaning as far away from Jake as possible :)
is anyone going to clean me up?
I mean it, clean me up!
So Stephen and I took the birthday boy upstairs for a quick washing and came back to open up some presents! I thought he would be into it, but not so much. He was having too much fun playing with his friends.
present drive by :)
oh wait, is that elmo???




and then he was off again




Jake was very lucky to have so many friends and family come to wish him a happy birthday! Thank you so much to everyone who came to be with our family on this special day!

Uncle Jason, Auntie Seana, and Chad

Jake's Great Grandpa and Great Grandma
Granna, Aunt Paige, Deuce, Jessica, and Madi
Uncle Dave and cousin Mia....love that cowboys cheerleader outfit!

Towards the end of the party Mia was playing with Jake and he was hysterically laughing! I have never seen him laugh so hard, it was adorable!

Jake and Daddy with Jacob and Daddy's buddy Coach Clark...we hope the two Jacobs will be good buddies too :)

Grandpa and Jake

the gang: Heather, Jason, Seana, Chad, Leanne, Jon, Carter, Tyler, Patty, and Tom
Grandpa and Grandma Perkowski
Jake with mommy and her bestie, Auntie Seana
Jake had so much fun playing with all his friends and getting loved on by all his family. He is such a lucky little boy to be blessed with such amazing friends and family and we are very thankful for you all!
Happy 1st birthday Jacob, we love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment